Down the Rabbit Hole
I have been an agent at the same real estate firm for over 9 years.
I grew in an environment that allowed me to learn, allowed me to make mistakes and allowed me to find myself as a Realtor. And at the same time, I raised two boys.
While all was well…I knew I needed a change. I felt I needed to find a brokerage that offered all the tools that I need to further my growing business. I needed to step outside of the brokerage that felt like “home” and spread my wings in an agency that ignites a fire inside me, and challenges me.
A few weeks ago I sent a text message to a top broker of a boutique firm.
“I have been thinking a lot about my career and where it is going in the future…”
Literally, within 10 seconds, my phone was ringing. WHAT A COMPLIMENT!!!!! One of the most powerful Realtors in the whole market clearly dropped everything she was doing and called me the second I reached out. I knew right there she wanted me; she saw the value in me and I felt like I was just given the biggest compliment of my career.
Within a few weeks I planned my exit strategy from my current company and, more difficult, the team of agents I worked with.
I agreed to sign on with the boutique brokerage, and I hadn’t been this excited or scared in this business since I first got my license.
I am excited because I will be given the tools at this brokerage that I personally need. Those are…
- A company who holds a dominant amount of the market share in the area I service
- A warehouse full of staging furniture to offer my clients (gahhhhhhhh)
- A company who is very visible in the community I service (i.e. sponsoring Run the Bay)
- Technical resources like top of the line photography and 3D tours
I am scared because…
- I will be held to a level of standards that isn’t found anywhere else in this community
- I hate to lose, and the idea of being surrounded by an office full of hungry young agents makes me realize I am going to need to bring my “A” game…(thank god I do Crossfit)
- I know I am going to hurt peoples feelings when I leave the current brokerage (this is the worst one, by a million)
So today… I jumped down the rabbit hole.